Friday, July 11, 2014

The Burn for Burn Trilogy by Jenny Han


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13406425-burn-for-burn?from_search=true
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/10662420-fire-with-fire?from_search=true


Burn for Burn is a contemporary trilogy by Jenny Han and Siobhan Vivian. This book is from the perspectives of three very different high school girls. This might seem to be confusing at first but once you get to know each girl it is very easy to follow. Mary is a girl who just returns to the setting of Jar Island to live with her Aunt Bette. She is back to get closure on a horrible past experience. The next girl is Lillia who is a rich and popular girl and has a large group of friends including the most popular girl Rennie, Alex the sweetheart, Derek, Ashlin, PJ, and Reeve the star quarterback and head jock. Next we have Kat who is very rebellious, and is part of the "wrong" crowd. 

Even though this may seem like your typical contemporary book, it is far from that. This book takes you on so many twists and turns. As you can probably tell this is a story of complete and utter revenge. This is not your typical fluffy contemporary and don't think that it is going into it. This is a story of backstabbing, betrayal, and anger. These girls are going to get their revenge. 

Overall I really loved the first book, Burn for Burn, but I did have a few problems with it which is why I gave it a 4/5 stars. I love how fast paced it was and I found myself unable to put it down. The second book Fire with Fire is even more action-packed than the first and I gave this 5/5 stars. I couldn't put this book down and found myself staying up until the wee hours of the morning reading as much as I could. The story follows the same three characters and their tangled webs. I absolutely loved these books and I highly, highly, recommend them to anyone even if you aren't a fan of contemporary. I love the way Jenny Han and Siobhan Vivian writes and I find it so raw and beautiful with a hint of humor. Jenny Han is also the other of the bestseller To All the Boys I've Loved Before and The Summer I Turned Pretty Series. Siobhan Vivian is also the author of The List. I can't recommend this series enough, please read it!

Also look out for the third and final book in the trilogy Ashes to Ashes coming September 16, 2014. 
http___signatures.mylivesignature.com_54492_270_7981D1335B2C38B7F228BB2746AC695A