Friday, January 2, 2015

December Wrap-Up

The year flew by, December is over and now it is time to wrap up the books I read in December! I didn't read as much as I would have liked but these are the books I read!

1. The Dark World by Cara Lynn Shultz
Date Released: May 27, 2014
Page Count: 384 
My Rating: 4/5 stars
This is a young adult fantasy/paranormal book that follows a girl that had a near death experience. She was never the same after this and can now see and talk to ghosts of dead people. This leads up into a world about an old battle between warlocks and demons. We also have the gorgeous demon-slayer Logan who will soon become another book boyfriend. While I did enjoy this book, I found it to be slow in parts and the sequel is scheduled to release this year and I haven't decided whether I will pick it up or not.

2. Through the Woods by Emily Carroll
Date Released: July 15, 2014
Page Count: 208
My rating: 4/5 stars
This is a graphic novel featuring 5 mysterious creepy stories. I went into this blind and I believe that this is the best way. I enjoyed these stories but I was confused in parts.

3. Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck 
Date Released: 1937
Page Count: 103
My Rating: 5/5 stars
This was part of me required reading for school. This is a classic novel set in the time of the Great Depression. This classic follows the struggles of a person with mental disabilities and his friend. This is a short novel so it is better to go into it without knowing much. I really loved this classic and it is one of my favorite books that I read for school. Highly recommend because it is a classic that is easy to understand.

4. My True Love Gave To Me: Twelve Holiday Stories by Stephanie Perkins, Holly Black, Ally Carter, Matt de la Pena, Gayle Forman, Jenny Han, David Levithan, Kelly Link, Myra McEntire, Rainbow Rowell, Laini Taylor, and Kiersten White. 
Date Released: October 14, 2014
Page Count: 320
My Rating: 4/5 stars
This is a collection of 12 holiday stories by 12 different authors all edited by Stephanie Perkins. I enjoyed most of these stories and recommend this to anyone! My favorite stories were by Rainbow Rowell, Stephanie Perkins, Gayle Forman, Jenny Han, and Kiersten White!

Overall I had a decent reading month, but none of these books are my absolute favorites.
Total Books Read: 4
Total Pages Read: 1015

 http___signatures.mylivesignature.com_54492_270_7981D1335B2C38B7F228BB2746AC695A