Thursday, January 1, 2015

Top 14 Books/Series I Read in 2014!

In 2014 I read a lot of great books! From Contemporaries to Fantasy novels, I read many amazing stories. I always have a hard time choosing my favorites but this is the list I compiled for you today! Below I will countdown from 14 to my favorite book of 2014. Comment below if you read any of these books and what you thought of them. I wish you all a Happy New Year and here is to a great reading year in 2015! Looking forward to it!

14. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
This book is very relatable for any fangirl and book lover out there! This book follows Cath who is shy and likes to read and stay in her room to write fan fiction. She goes off to college with her twin sister and everything changes for her. I highly recommend this book to any bookworm! Even if you are not a fan of contemporary I still believe you will relate and appreciate this book.

13. Fire and Flood by Victoria Scott
This is different from any book I have ever read! It is very fast paced and enjoyable! This story follows a girl who enters in a competition to try to win a cure for her ill brother! It is such a compelling novel and is very action packed. This book includes the first part of the competition while the sequel titled Salt & Stone will be released February 24, 2015!

12. The Impossible Knife of Memory by Laurie Halse Anderson
This is another contemporary novel that follows a girl who's father is struggling with PTSD and turns to drugs. The father is always trying to run away from his demons so they never stay in one place for very long. This is an inspirational story and I recommend it to anyone who loves contemporary. Laurie Halse Anderson never fails to impress.

11. The Burn for Burn series by Jenny Han
This would have been much higher on my list if it weren't for the very disappointing conclusion Ashes to Ashes. The first two books in this series were very entertaining and I really loved them. I read them both within three days and I was painstakingly waiting to the third book to release. I was very disappointed with the pacing and the way the story went in the third novel. While the last book was disappointing the series itself was still entertaining and this is why it is number 11 on my list.

10. Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell
I read this book at the beginning of 2014 and boy it was a great way to start off the year. I loved this story and I think it is a must-read for everyone. This is a beautiful story and I think it is much better to go into this book without knowing much about it.

9. Landline by Rainbow Rowell
ANOTHER Rainbow Rowell novel! She will never disappoint me! She is one of my favorite contemporary authors. This is an adult novel that follows a comedy writer who is in a struggling marriage. While she needs to stay behind to work on her dream, her husband and kids go away to visit his parents. While she is at home, she visits her home she lived in as a child. There she finds a magic landline that allows her to talk to her husband back when they first met. I love the main character because she focuses on her work and is an independent individual. I highly, highly recommend this novel.

8. To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han 
Another contemporary that I fell in love with! This book is very family based and that's what I love about it. The main character Lara Jean writes letters to all the boys she has ever loved but never intends to send them out. One day, she finds out that somehow all of her letter were sent out by someone. Lara Jean has to deal with the consequences throughout the novel and maybe even fall in love again.

7. Opposition by Jennifer L. Armentrout
While this wasn't my favorite book in the Lux series it was still a really good ending to my favorite series. While I can't discuss the details of this book I encourage you to pick up the paranormal Lux series! Jennifer L. Armentrout is one of my all time favorite authors.

6. The Fiery Heart and Silver Shadows by Richelle Mead 
These are the 4th and 5th books in the Bloodlines series by Richelle Mead. This series is the companion series to Vampire Academy. These books are a great continuation of the series and I am looking forward to reading the conclusion to the series titled The Ruby Circle coming out February 10, 2015.

5. Losing Hope by Colleen Hoover 
 Colleen Hoover writes the best new adult books in my opinion! I absolutely love her writing style and she is another one of my favorite authors! While this book does contain mature content and I wouldn't recommend this to a younger audience. This is a beautiful story and is the companion novel to Hopeless by Colleen Hoover. I would also recommend going into in blind.

4. The Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Maas 
This is a fantastic Young Adult Fantasy series that follows a kick ass assassin named Celaena Sardothien! The first three books in the series include Throne of Glass, Crown of Midnight, and Heir of Fire. There is also a love triangle included, magic, and many other things. This series gets better and better with each book! This will be a six book series with the fourth book coming out in 2015!

3. The Selection by Kiera Cass
I was pleasantly surprised by how much I loved this book! This takes place in a world bases on social economic class. The main character is selected in a competition on who will be the future Prince Maxon's wife. The main character doesn't wish to be in the competition but is doing so for her family to get compensation. Prince Maxon is immediately drawn to her which puts her in a tough position as she has a boy back home. I am very much looking forward to reading more books in this series!

2. The Infernal Devices series and City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare
I was advised to read the Infernal Devices before I picked up the last book in the Mortal Instruments series because it would spoil you for the series. I thought all the books were wrapped up in an amazing way and that Cassandra Clare sure knows how to write a conclusion. I loved all the characters and thought it was the perfect conclusion the a great series! Well done Cassandra Clare! I am also looking forward to her new series coming in 2015.

and last but not least.......
I have a tie for number 1

Number 1. The Eternity Cure by Julie Kagawa
I LOVED this book so much and no words can describe how much I loved this book. This is the second book the The Blood of Eden series the first book being The Immortal Rules. While I liked the first novel, this second novel just blew me away! It was so action packed and I loved every minute of it. This is such an interesting world and I love reading about it. I think about this book at lease once a day because of it's interesting story. I love the kiss ass and loyal characters. There was so many plot twists throughout this book and it wasn't what I expected. I have been putting off the final book in the series titled The Forever Song because I just don't want it to end! This book ended in a cliffhanger and I am so excited to see where the story goes in the conclusion. I am really looking forward to reading more books by Julie Kagawa because I am beyond impressed by her writing!

And Also The Evolution of Mara Dyer series!
I loved the entire series that I read this year! These books are psychological thrillers and are so fast paced! I loved the entire premise of this series and especially the character Noah Shaw! I loved how each book in the series got better! I recommend this to anyone who loves young adult and a little bit of creepiness!

Thank you everyone for making 2014 an amazing year! And as always thank you for reading!

http___signatures.mylivesignature.com_54492_270_7981D1335B2C38B7F228BB2746AC695A