Saturday, February 14, 2015

Every Ugly Word by Aimee L. Salter Review

Every Ugly Word by Aimee L. Salter 


Page Count: 257
Published: July 24, 2014
Goodreads rating: 4.06/5 stars
My rating: 5/5 stars 
Every Ugly Word is a novel following a seventeen year old girl named Ashley Watson who is very badly bullied throughout high school. The novel starts out with this girl talking to her shrink and recounting all the events that led up to when she was admitted to therapy. The story talks about all these scars that she has covering her body and as readers we don't know how this happened. There is also the element that she talks to her "Older Self" in the mirror for advice which is a very interesting concept. 

When I first started reading this I was kind of in a reading slump and remembered I had this on my Kindle, so I started it. I wasn't sure if I would like it but once I got into it I loved it. 
This is a very beautiful and heart wrenching story and at points it is hard to read and can bring you to tears. I think this is an important book and that everyone should read it. This story is full of mystery, plot twists, and you never know what is going to happen. The only problem I had was that it was confusing in parts but once I reread some paragraphs I understood it. 

I recommend this to anyone who is looking for a book to pull at their heartstrings and make them think. Aimee L. Salter did an amazing job writing this story and you could really see the emotions that went into it. I can not say enough good things about this book!
http___signatures.mylivesignature.com_54492_270_7981D1335B2C38B7F228BB2746AC695A