Friday, June 19, 2015

Like That? Try This.

Hi Booklovers! I am excited to announce that I will be starting a new series on my blog! It is going to be a like this book, than try this book series. I know readers can love a book and become obsessed with a book and they just want more of that world. Unfortunately, the next book in the series may not be out yet or maybe the book is just a standalone and we can't get more. I always love going to my library and seeing displays that have a book that you may have liked and recommend another book to you. That is what I want to do for you guys! I hope you enjoy and that you are able to find more books to add to your TBR.





                                                                                                                                                                                  
I know that there are plenty of twilight lovers still out there! I loved the Twilight series when I was in middle school and it still hold a special place in my heart and I am sure the same is for you. If you love twilight and looking for something with more vampires, I highly recommend the Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead. Vampire Academy is a fun story set in a boarding school with a sexy male love interest. The entire series is so much fun and I think anyone would enjoy it. I know Vampire Academy has been around for a long time as well, but I just came across it about 2 year ago myself. 





















             
While I think the Vampire Academy series is pretty popular, I don't know if many people have heard of the spinoff series Bloodlines. Even if you have heard of it before, you might be unsure if you want to read it and invest your time in it. Personally, I love Bloodlines and I even think I like it a little more than Vampire Academy. In Bloodlines we get to see a lot more of Adrian from the Vampire Academy series and we get to see appearances from other characters. If you are a fan of the Vampire Academy series I think you should give Bloodlines a try. Plus you get to read more of Richelle Mead's fantastic writing.



                                                                                                                                
While the Blood of Eden series focuses on vampires, and The Murder Complex doesn't these books are still similar in their world. Both the Blood of Eden and The Murder Complex are full of violence. In fact, in the Murder Complex the death rate is higher than the birth rate. If you are looking for something similar to The Immortal Rules I would definitely recommend The Murder Complex to you.




















                                                                                                     
Both Let the Sky Fall and Loop feature the element of forbidden love which I myself love. Loop features the element of time travel while Let the Sky Fall features sylphs which are air elementals. Loop really reminded me of the feelings I experiences while reading Let the Sky Fall. I feel like these books aren't talked about enough and I really encourage everyone to pick them up!


















                                                                                                         
I am sure we have all heard about and have read The Hunger Games, or have at least watched the movies, and if you haven't what are you doing? I personally love the Hunger Games and it was one of those book series that got me back into reading. Fire & Flood really reminded me of the Hunger Games when I read it. Fire & Flood has a similar concept to the Hunger Games because the main character received instructions on how to enter the Brimstone Bleed. The winner will receive a cure for a family member with the disease. Our main character is fighting to get the cure for her brother Cody who is barely hanging on. It is such a powerful story and I encourage everyone to read it, especially fans of the Hunger Games.



















                                                                                                       
If you are looking for supernatural creatures like werewolves, vampires, and warlocks in The Mortal Instruments, than you have come to the right place. The Shadow Falls series by C.C. Hunter is a great book series that doesn't get enough attention in the media. Shadow Falls is set at a school for supernatural creatures. It features that same strong female character, a great love triangle, and great characters in general. I have formed so many attachments to the characters in Shadow Falls. If you loved the Mortal Instruments than you would absolutely love Shadow Falls.



















                                                                                                     
How to Fall is a psychological thriller/mystery very reminiscent of The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer. How to Fall is a mystery set in a small coastal town and our main character is investigating the death of her cousin. I absolutely loved How to Fall and it was an unexpected find. I think fans of Mara Dyer would fall in love with this series.



















               
All the Bright Places is such a fantastic, amazing, heartbreaking, powerful, funny read. I love love love it so much. I also loved Eleanor and Park so much and I think fans of Rainbow Rowell would love Jennifer Niven as well. There aren't enough words to describe how much I love All the Bright Places. All the Bright places features a powerful friendship and relationship just like in Eleanor and Park. I think everyone should read both of these amazing novels.
This is how I feel about All the Bright Places:











Thank you so much for reading! I hope you found lots of books to read and let me know down below any books you would recommend. 
http___signatures.mylivesignature.com_54492_270_7981D1335B2C38B7F228BB2746AC695A