Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Top 5 Wednesdays-Favorite Books of the Year So Far!

Hey guys! Happy Wednesday! Today's Top 5 Wednesday topic is your Favorite Books of 2015 (so far)! I have so many books that I have absolutely LOVED so far this year! Even though I am 5 books behind on my Goodreads challenge (shame on me!!), it wasn't hard for me to pick this list because I knew exactly which books I wanted to include. 
If you are a blogger and want to join Top 5 Wednesday here is the link to the Goodreads group: https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/118368-top-5-wednesday

These will be ordered with my favorite book of the year so far being number one. (I am only going to include the synopsis of the books that are standalones or the first in the series to prevent spoilers!) 

5. The Ruby Circle by Richelle Mead

This is the conclusion to the Bloodlines series which is a spin off of the Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead. This book was so bittersweet for me because it is the end of a series that I loved and invested so much time on. Overall, I enjoyed the ending and thought it fit the story well, but at the same time I found myself wanting more. I am hoping this isn't the true end of the Vampire world created by Richelle Mead. 




4. How to Fall by Jane Casey 
Sixteen-year-old Jess Tennant has never met any of her relatives, until her mom suddenly drags her out of London to spend the summer in the tiny English town where her family’s from. Her mom’s decision is surprising, but even more surprising is the town’s reaction to Jess. Everywhere she goes, people look at her like they’ve seen a ghost. In a way, they have—she looks just like her cousin Freya, who died shortly before Jess came to town. Jess immediately feels a strange connection to Freya, whom she never got to meet alive. But the more Jess learns about the secrets Freya was keeping while she was alive, the more suspicious Freya’s death starts to look. One thing is for sure: this will be anything but the safe, boring summer in the country Jess was expecting.  Beloved author Jane Casey breaks new ground witHow to Falla thrilling and insightfully written mystery. 

I absolutely love How to Fall by Jane Casey. It has such a raw mix of mystery, creepiness, and romance. Perfect for any lover of the Young Adult genre. I feel like no one ever talks about this novel, but I can't get the word out enough for how much I love this book. I am excited to read the sequel to this book titled  Bet Your Life. 


3. Slammed by Colleen Hoover 


Following the unexpected death of her father, 18-year-old Layken is forced to be the rock for both her mother and younger brother. Outwardly, she appears resilient and tenacious, but inwardly, she's losing hope. Enter Will Cooper: The attractive, 21-year-old new neighbor with an intriguing passion for slam poetry and a unique sense of humor. Within days of their introduction, Will and Layken form an intense emotional connection, leaving Layken with a renewed sense of hope. Not long after an intense, heart-stopping first date, they are slammed to the core when a shocking revelation forces their new relationship to a sudden halt. Daily interactions become impossibly painful as they struggle to find a balance between the feelings that pull them together, and the secret that keeps them apart.

If you have followed my blog for any length of time, this should come as no surprise to you. I love anything written by the extremely talented Colleen Hoover. This novel is crafted in such a beautiful way and I highly recommend it to any romance lover. Now this novel in new adult, but it doesn't read as one. I myself would classify this in the Young Adult genre. 

2. I Was Here By Gayle Forman 

When her best friend Meg drinks a bottle of industrial-strength cleaner alone in a motel room, Cody is understandably shocked and devastated. She and Meg shared everything—so how was there no warning? But when Cody travels to Meg’s college town to pack up the belongings left behind, she discovers that there’s a lot that Meg never told her. About her old roommates, the sort of people Cody never would have met in her dead-end small town in Washington. About Ben McAllister, the boy with a guitar and a sneer, who broke Meg’s heart. And about an encrypted computer file that Cody can’t open—until she does, and suddenly everything Cody thought she knew about her best friend’s death gets thrown into question. I Was Here is Gayle Forman at her finest, a taut, emotional, and ultimately redemptive story about redefining the meaning of family and finding a way to move forward even in the face of unspeakable loss.

This novel is a heartbreaker let me tell you. I was unsure of reading another book by Gayle Forman because I wasn't a fan of If I Stay but am I ever glad I did. This book is amazing and I found myself physically unable to put it down. I wish there was a sequel because I just found myself wanting more and more. This novel deals with suicide in a beautiful way.

1. All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven

The Fault in Our Stars meets Eleanor and Park in this exhilarating and heart-wrenching love story about a girl who learns to live from a boy who intends to die. Soon to be a major motion picture starring Elle Fanning! Theodore Finch is fascinated by death, and he constantly thinks of ways he might kill himself. But each time, something good, no matter how small, stops him. Violet Markey lives for the future, counting the days until graduation, when she can escape her Indiana town and her aching grief in the wake of her sister’s recent death. When Finch and Violet meet on the ledge of the bell tower at school, it’s unclear who saves whom. And when they pair up on a project to discover the “natural wonders” of their state, both Finch and Violet make more important discoveries: It’s only with Violet that Finch can be himself—a weird, funny, live-out-loud guy who’s not such a freak after all. And it’s only with Finch that Violet can forget to count away the days and start living them. But as Violet’s world grows, Finch’s begins to shrink. This is an intense, gripping novel perfect for fans of Jay Asher, Rainbow Rowell, John Green, Gayle Forman, and Jenny Downham from a talented new voice in YA, Jennifer Niven.

This novel is by far my favorite book of the entire year so far and I feel like it will stay my favorite for the rest of the year as well. I loved this story from the very beginning, it is such an addicting read. This novel handles suicide and depression in such a beautiful and amazing way that it brought me to tears. I had a hard time reading it at times. This will break your heart but it will also make you smile. I cannot recommend this book enough. No matter the genre you typically read, you need to read this book, everyone does. Jennifer Niven has crafted such an amazing story and everyone needs to hear it. This book was such a pleasant surprise and I still think about it every single day. It is one of those really amazing books that will stay with you forever.

Thank you so much for reading and stopping by my blog! I would love to hear your top reads of the year so far, so feel free to comment below! I hope you are having an amazing week.

http___signatures.mylivesignature.com_54492_270_7981D1335B2C38B7F228BB2746AC695A