Sunday, August 2, 2015

#BOOKTUBEATHON 2015 TBR!!

Hey guys! Welcome back to my blog! I am sorry I have been MIA for a couple of weeks, and I won't make any excuses other than I have been pretty busy. But as you can tell by the title, this post is my BookTubeAThon TBR! I am super excited for the BookTubeAThon and I highly anticipate it every year. This is my second time participating and I highly recommend that you consider joining as well! It is a fun time for booklovers to come together on social media and celebrate their love of reading while knocking books off of their TBR piles!

If you have never heard of the BookTubeAThon it is a week long readathon runs August 3rd throughout August 9th and is hosted by many BookTubers across many social media platforms. The goal is to read as many books as you possibly can and have lots of fun as well. I will leave some links for more information about the BookTubeAThon here:

BookTubeAThon YouTube
BookTubeAThon Twitter
BookTubeAThon Instagram

There are also challenges associated with this readathon that aren't required but are a fun option. I personally am going to do the challenges. You can also pick and choose or combine challenges if you would like!

Here are the official BookTubeAThon challenges:
1. Read a book with blue on the cover
2. Read a book by an author who shares the same first letter of your last name
3. Read someone else's favorite book
4. Read the last book you acquired
5. Finish a book without letting go of it
6. Read a book you really want to read
7. Read 7 books

So now on to the books I chose!




For the first challenge of reading a book with blue on the cover I choose How to Love by Katie Cotugno. I have been wanting to read this book for quite a while, and I picked it up from the library a little while ago and I still have yet to read it. I thought this book would be perfect for a readathon because it is a contemporary novel and those usually go by pretty fast for me. I am excited to read this for my book with blue on the cover.







For the next challenge of reading a book by an author who shares the same first letter of your last name, I chose Possession by Elana Johnson. We actually not only share the first letter, but the whole last name of Johnson. This book is actually a re-read for me, but I read this book so long ago that I actually don't remember a single thing that happens. This book is dystopian and has pretty large font, so I think it will be a pretty quick read. I also am really interested if I like it as much as I did before and if my feelings about this book will change.






For the next challenge of reading someone else's favorite book I choose Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins. One of my best friends picked this one for me to read because she has been wanting me to read it for a long time! I am really excited to be reading this because I loved Anna and the French Kiss. I am hoping to quickly read this one as well because it is a contemporary novel.








For the challenge of reading the last book you acquired I chose The Summer of Chasing Mermaids by Sarah Ockler.  This was the last book I acquired from my local library. A few summers ago I read Twenty Boy Summer by Sarah Ockler and I really enjoyed it and finished it in one day. I am hoping the same will go for this novel! I am not really sure what this one is about, and I am looking forward to going into this one blind! Plus I absolutely love this cover.







For the next challenge of finishing a book without letting go of it I chose A Little Something Different by Sandy Hall. This book looks super cute and is super short so it should be an easy read to finish in one sitting. I am really excited to read this because it is a love story told from 12 different outside perspectives.








For the challenge of reading a book you really want to read I chose Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes. I have heard nothing but amazing things about this series and I have wanted to dive into it for a really long time. I love fantasy novels and this seems like it will be a really great one. I really want to read these so I can dive into Morgan's companion series! I am looking forward to reading this one as well.




And for the challenge of reading 7 books I have a few possibilities of what I might read to complete this challenge. Depending on how much time I have and what I am in the mood for these are the possibilities of which book I might pick up.


http___signatures.mylivesignature.com_54492_270_7981D1335B2C38B7F228BB2746AC695A