Sunday, September 27, 2015

Mid-Year Book Freak Out Tag

Hi everyone! Welcome back to my blog. I know it has been awhile, but school has started back up for me and I have just started to get back into the swing of things and the craziness that is senior year. Today I am going to be doing the Mid-Year Book Freak Out Tag for you! This is a tag that has been going around for quite some time and I really like this one! I am not sure who the creator of this tag is , but lets get started!

Note: So far in 2015 I have read 47 books. Of those 47 books, I have read 28 five-star books, 10 four-star books, 7 three-star books, and 2 two-star books.

1. Best Book You Have Read So Far In 2015?
Without a doubt the best book I have read this year is All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven. I have already talked so much about this book on my blog and I recommend it to all of my friends all the time. It is such an amazing book and everyone needs to pick it up.

2. Best Sequel You've Read So Far In 2015?
This is actually hard for me because I have realized that I actually haven't read a lot of sequels this year! I need to get on that! But I think the best sequel that I have read this year is Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins. I really loved the characters in this novel and I loved the story. This is such a fun and cute story and I already want to reread it.

3. New Release That You Haven't Read Yet, But You Want To?
This one definitely has to be The Wrath and The Dawn by Renee Ahdieh! I have been eyeing this book for so long and I just want to get my hands on it already! I am definitely looking forward to picking this one up soon! I have hard so many great things about it!

4. Most Anticipated Release For The Second Half Of 2015? 
I am so excited for November 9 by Colleen Hoover! Colleen Hoover is one of my absolute favorite authors and I absolutely can't wait for this to come out! Colleen never disappoints and I cannot wait to see what she has in store for us in this next book.

5. Biggest Disappointment?
For this one it is sadly Perfect Couple by Jennifer Echols. I really enjoyed the first book in the Superlatives series titled Biggest Flirts, but Perfect Couple was super disappointing. It just struck me as very unrealistic and I had a hard time even finishing it. I was hoping for a lot more out of this book. I am not even sure if I will pick up the last book in the trilogy.

6. Biggest Surprise?
For this one I would obviously pick All the Bright Places again, but I want to give you a variety of answers so I will pick another book as well. I'm going to choose I Was Here by Gayle Forman. I really, really enjoyed this story and I wasn't expecting to like it as much as I did. I had read other books by Gayle Forman, including If I Stay but I really did not enjoy them. I was pleasantly surprised by I Was Here.

7. Favorite New Author?
Definitely Sabaa Tahir, the author of An Ember in the Ashes. I fell in love with her writing and the way that she can craft a story. I think she is an incredible writer. She built such a complex world and such unique characters that I absolutely loved in An Ember in the Ashes. I am very much looking forward to the sequel.

8. Newest Fictional Crush? 
Most definitely Cricket from Lola and The Boy Next Door. I fell in love with this character as I was reading this book! I could really relate to Lola, so it was so fun reading this book and getting to know Cricket. He is such an adorable and misunderstood person and I just wish I could read more about him.

9. Newest Favorite Character?
Elias from An Ember in the Ashes. I love, love, love this man. He is so compassionate and misunderstood and I just need to find out more about him. (He is another fictional crush by the way). I loved being able to read from his perspective and can't wait to see what Sabaa Tahir has in store for him.

10. Book That Made You Cry?
I typically do not cry when I read books, but I do get very emotional while I read. For this question I am definitely going to pick My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult. This book made me so emotional and made me rethink everything I thought I knew. It was such an incredible and heartbreaking story and if you haven't picked this book up yet, you need to.

11. Book That Made You Happy? 
We Should Hang Out Sometime by Josh Sundquist is a book that made me laugh and was such a fun read! I really enjoyed myself while I was reading this one and I found myself being able to relate to it so much! I highly encourage everyone to pick up this fun read!

12. Favorite Book To Movie Adaptation You Saw This Year?
I actually can't recall any book to movie adaptations that I have seen this year! I am not a big movie watcher and I just haven't watched very many movies this year!

13. Most Beautiful Book That You Have Bought This Year?
I have bought so so so many beautiful books this year, but the two that come to mind are A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas and All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doer.

14. What Books Do You Need To Read By The End Of The Year?
There are so many! Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas, Darkfever by Karen Marie Moning, Saint Anything by Sarah Dessen, Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor, and Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly to name a few.

Well that is the Mid-Year Book Freak Out Tag! I hope you could add some new books to your TBR from this list! Thank you for sticking around my blog even when I am absent for long periods of time! Have a happy fall!
http___signatures.mylivesignature.com_54492_270_7981D1335B2C38B7F228BB2746AC695A