Tuesday, July 12, 2016

2016 BookTube-A-Thon TBR!!

Hi Guys! I am so excited to be announcing my TBR for the 2016 BookTubeAThon! This is my third year participating in the BookTubeAThon and the challenges seem to get better and better every year. This year the readathon runs from July18th to July 24th. There is still plenty of time to join and make your TBRs! I will link the original information video here. Lets get started on my TBR. 

The 2016 Reading Challenges: 

1. Read a book with yellow on the cover.


For this challenge I chose Bone Gap by Laura Ruby. This book is a Printz Award winner that I have been meaning to read for such a long time. I am really excited to pick this one up; I have heard a lot of mixed reviews, so I am excited to see what my thoughts are. 

2. Read a book only after sunset. 



For this one I chose the graphic novel titled Morning Glories Volume 4 by Nick Spencer. I know that this will be a really quick read and I am looking forward to reading it after sunset. The sun usually sets at around 9:30 where I live, so I needed something short and sweet to read for this challenge. 

3. Read a book you discovered through BookTube.


I have discovered a lot of books through BookTube, but one that immediately came to mind was the Saga graphic novel series by Brian K. Vaughan. I will be reading Saga Volume 1 for this challenge. I am super excited to be finally getting around to this one. 

4. Read a book by one of your favorite authors.


One of the first authors that I distinctly remember putting into my favorite author category was Jennifer L. Armentrout. I absolutely love her writing style and I can fly through anything that she writes. For this challenge I will be reading Oblivion by Jennifer L. Armentrout.  I am really excited to get back into this world again because I have missed it so much. 

5. Read a book that is older than you.


I am always so afraid to admit that I have never read the Harry Potter series on my blog! I know that I FINALLY need to get around to this series and I am using the BookTubeAThon as an opportunity to do so. For this challenge I will be reading the first book in the series Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. 
6. Read and watch a book-to-movie adaptation


For this challenge I hope to pick up the second Harry Potter book Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. I will then be watching both the first and second Harry Potter movies. 

7. Read seven books.


If I complete all of the challenges above, I will have read 6 books. To complete the challenge of reading seven books, I chose The Crown by Kiera Cass. I call the Selection series my guilty pleasure because I love it so much. I absolutely fly through the books and I can't wait to read this one. 

http___signatures.mylivesignature.com_54492_270_7981D1335B2C38B7F228BB2746AC695A