Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Top Ten Tuesdays: Top Ten Books I Enjoyed That Have Under 2000 Ratings On Goodreads

Today I will be talking about my Top Ten Underrated books, or in other words my favorite books that have under 2000 ratings on Goodreads. This is a topic created by The Broke and the Bookish "Top Ten Tuesdays". Personally I love talking about underrated books and books that not a lot of people know about. I have found out about so many amazing books from posts like these. I hope you all enjoy and I encourage everyone to pick up the books that are listed below!

In no particular order:

1. The Sound by Sarah Alderson




This book took me by such a surprise! I purchased this from BookOutlet this past Christmas because it was super cheap and I was looking for a fun summer read. This book is so much more. The story takes place on a small island off the coast of Boston and centers around a murder mystery. I loved it so much and I highly recommend it. My Rating: 5/5 stars. 






2. How to Fall by Jane Casey




This book is another murder mystery set in a small English town near London. The story follows Jess Tenant as she tries to uncover clues about the death of her cousin, Freya, whom she looks strangely similar to. I received this book in exchange for a honest review from St. Martin's Griffin. I loved every moment of this story and I highly recommend this one as well. My Rating: 5/5 stars.





3. Boy Crazy by Hailey Abbott 




This book really is just a fun summer read. This isn't the most amazing book that I have ever read, but it is a fun and cute story. This book follows three girls on vacation whose plans are to each kiss ten boys with no strings attached. This plan works until our main character falls in love with one of the boys she kisses. My rating: 3/5 stars.







4. The Big Crunch by Pete Hautman  




This book is also a super cute story featuring a slow burning romance. I don't want to say too much about this book because I think it is better to go into blind.
My rating: 4/5 stars.







5. Loop by Karen Akins



This is a science fiction novel featuring time travel. I personally love time travel books and I am always looking for a unique story. This story follows Bree as she is trying to uncover the mystery behind who is attacking the  time travelers in her town. My rating: 3/5 stars. 







6. The Great American Dust Bowl by Don Brown




This one is a non-fiction graphic novel taking place during the American Dust Bowl. I was so pleasantly surprised by this as well! I learned so much from reading this and I absolutely loved the illustrations. I was shocked by some of the things that people went through during that time period as well as how long the Dust Bowl lasted. I highly recommend this graphic novel.
My rating: 5/5 stars. 





7. Every Ugly Word by Aimee L. Salter





This book follows Ashley as she recounts her high school bullying experience. This story definitely packs a punch in under 300 pages. I also recommend going into this one without knowing too much. My rating: 5/5 stars.








8. No Parking At the End Times by Bryan Bliss 




This book follows Abigail and her family after they have lost everything and are currently living in a van. Abigail's parents were doomsdays believers who gave up everything when they thought the world was ending. This books deals with so many topics from poverty to the power of family. This was such an interesting read and unlike anything that I have ever read before.
My rating: 3/5 stars. 





9. Ask Me How I Got Here by Christine Heppermann




This novel is written in verse following Addie who becomes pregnant after a careless night with her boyfriend. I recommend not knowing much about this story before going into it because it is so short. My rating: 4/5 stars. 








10. Exit, Pursued by a Bear by E.K. Johnston 




This novel follows Hermione Winters who was sexually assaulted at a summer cheer camp and becomes pregnant. Throughout the story she deals with how to move on from something that she never wanted. My rating: 5/5 stars. 










http___signatures.mylivesignature.com_54492_270_7981D1335B2C38B7F228BB2746AC695A