Friday, July 1, 2016

#VASRP Challenge 1

Hi guys! I am so happy to be back at blogging. In my recent post, I said that I had joined a Virtual Summer Reading Program!  I am so excited about getting started with this program and the first challenge includes little introduction about myself. I hope you enjoy. 

1. Who you are and do you have a blog/if so, what is your blog?
My name is Nicole and I am actively involved in the reading community. My blog is titled SoulCleverBooks which a a blog that focuses on books, specifically Young Adult Literature. I am currently employed at my local public library as a library clerk, which I am absolutely in love with. I just graduated from high school and I am attending university in the fall. My goal is to be a teen services librarian. I am also an aspiring author. I love everything about books and I hope you guys enjoy my blog.

2. What are the reading goals you are setting for the summer?
I didn't set any specific summer goals for myself until I came across this summer reading program. For the remainder of the summer, I hope to read at least 25 more books. I also hope to catch up on a lot of review copies and ARCs from publishers and Edelweiss. 

3. Did you participate in a summer program as a child? What made it memorable for you?
Unfortunately, I wasn't aware of the summer reading program at my library as a child. I did participate in one program a few years back when I was a volunteer at my local library. I really enjoyed that experience and I had a lot of fun entering for prizes. Fortunately, now I actually get to help with organizing and running the summer reading program at my library because I am now employed there! I love every minute of it and I feel so fortunate to be able to do what I do. 

4. What is something interesting about yourself?
One of my favorite things in the entire world is when I am working at my library and people, especially teens, ask for book recommendations. I get so much joy sharing my love of reading with others, especially reluctant readers.



http___signatures.mylivesignature.com_54492_270_7981D1335B2C38B7F228BB2746AC695A