Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Top 5 Wednesday - 2017 Bookish Goals


Happy New Year! I can't believe that it is already 2017. I have a lot of hope for this year and a lot of goals for myself as well. I hope that I can accomplish most of these bookish goals that I have set for myself.

-Read 100 books.
I have set my GoodReads challenge to 100 books this year. I am not sure if I will be able to reach that goal because I am in college, and I often do not have a lot of extra time to read. Last year, I was able to complete 131 books, so I feel like 100 books is a safe bet for right now.

-Read diversely.
This is by far one of the most important goals for me this year. In 2016, I really expanded my reading and read from a variety of different genres and authors. But this year, I would like to focus on reading more diverse books from a variety of POC authors and characters. I want to expand my knowledge of people and cultures that are different from mine.

 In order to help me accomplish this goal, I am participating in #DiversityBingo2017. This challenge was created by a bunch of different people in the book community. By searching the hashtag on Twitter, you will find a bunch of information about the challenge. Below, I have posted the bingo sheet that is being used for the challenge. I will be doing a separate post discussing which books that I will be reading for this challenge in the very near future! I think this challenge is so amazing and I am so excited to be participating in it throughout the year.

Image result for diversity bingo 2017


































-Read more books that I own.
I have always been one to push aside books that I own, in favor of library books or ARCS or audio books, etc. This has become an increasing problem since I have started working at my local library. I will always read library books because I love supporting the library, but I also need to read the books I own.I really want to make this goal a focus for this year.

-Read more nonfiction.
For my entire life I have always been afraid of reading nonfiction. I usually find the writing to be so heavy and it tends to put me in a reading slump. But recently, I have read some nonfiction that I have really enjoyed and I really want to read more of this genre.


-Blog More.
Unfortunately, this is on my list every year. I have good intentions for my blog, but I often let them fall to the wayside. This year, I really want to make my blog into my own and keep up with posting. 2017 will be the year.


-Keep up with Edelweiss and Netgalley requests. 
I absolutely love both Edelweiss and Netgalley. I believe they provide an awesome experience for individuals in the book community to receive early copies of books. I frequently use both of these sites, but I often push the books I receive to the side. I simply forget which books I have and then I end up not reviewing them. This year I really want to manage my early copies and get up reviews early. It really helped me to make a shelf on Goodreads that lists the books that I have from those websites.

-Reading Challenges.
As I mentioned above, this year I will be participating in #DiversityBingo2017. There are also a few other challenges that I want to try to complete this year. These include the Popsugar Reading Challenge and the Book Riot Read Harder Challenge.


I wish everyone good luck in your 2017 bookish goals! I highly encourage that you participate in the reading challenges that are listed above, especially #DiversityBingo2017. For more information about Top 5 Wednesdays, visit the Top 5 Wednesdays GoodReads Group.


http___signatures.mylivesignature.com_54492_270_7981D1335B2C38B7F228BB2746AC695A